The IDCBIS Public Cord Blood Bank is a center responsible for the selection of donors and the collection, processing, analysis, storage, typing and distribution of umbilical cord blood, under strict quality criteria, for patients who require a transplant as part of a specific treatment.
- The only public umbilical cord blood bank in the country, for allogeneic transplantation of hematopoietic progenitors.
- The only technological platform for the search and distribution of compatible units for allogeneic transplantation of umbilical cord blood units of Colombian genotype.
- Quality standards following NetCord FACT (Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy) recommendations for cord blood banking processes.
- Determination of cell count by flow cytometry.
- High resolution HLA typing of the collected units.
- The IDCBIS has the Cordial Program in cooperation with public hospitals and private clinics for the promotion and collection of umbilical cord and umbilical cord blood for the development of advanced therapies.
Products and services
- Search and distribution service for allogeneic transplantation in the registry of hematopoietic progenitor cell donors.
- High resolution HLA typing service for hematopoietic transplant candidates and their relatives, through an international laboratory accredited by ASHI (American Society for Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics).
- Flow cytometry for immunophenotypic characterization and clonogenic cultures for estimation of progenitor cell viability and functionality.
- Umbilical cord blood stem cells for research use.